Last Updated: April 7, 2021
Data Protection Controller
For the purposes of data protection legislation, we are the data controller and we will maintain and process your data in accordance with all current Data Protection Laws and the European Union General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) laws.
Glenn D. Godfrey & Co. LL
35 Barrack Road, Belize City, Belize
Information Collection and Use by Us
In connection with your use of our services or products, we will obtain contact lists, including email addresses, and content that you provide to us in connection with such use. We acknowledge your ownership rights in such contact lists and content. We will never sell or rent your contact lists to anyone without your permission and will never use your contact lists or content for any purpose other than as described here.
In the course of your use of our services or products or visit to the Sites, we may also obtain the following information about you:
- Information that you provide during any voluntary or mandatory registration process (such as first and last name, company name, email address, phone number, billing address or credit card information, geographic location and industry), when you call or email us (for support or otherwise) or when you use our services or products;
- Payment information that you provide to us (on our Sites or otherwise) when you purchase some of our services and products, including credit card data;
- Additional information about you that we collect from other sources, such as information you provide to us, information that is publicly available or that you consent to us receiving from third parties;
- Data relating to your activity on our Sites (such as your IP address, browser type and version, geographic location, pages you view, how you got to our Sites and any links you click on to leave our Sites, metadata about your use and your subscribers’ use of our Sites and your emails you send (including clicks and opens), your interactions with any videos we offer and any device or other method of communication you use to interact with the Sites), which we store in a variety of places within our infrastructure, including system log files, back end databases and analytics systems.
Security and Privacy
We employ reasonable technical, administrative and physical safeguards to protect the confidentiality and security of your personal information. We use industry-recognized technical safeguards, such as firewalls, and have adopted and implemented security procedures to protect your information from loss, misuse or unauthorized alteration. When we collect financial account information, such as credit card numbers, we protect its transmission through the use of encryption such as the Transport Layer Security (TLS) protocol.
Notwithstanding our efforts, we cannot guarantee absolute or unqualified protection of this information given the open nature and resulting instability of the Internet and World Wide Web, and we make no representations or warranties as to the effectiveness of our security and assume no liability for security breaches or any failure in the security of your computer equipment, your internet service provider or other networks and communications providers.
Sharing of Information
We may share your personal information only to courts, law enforcement authorities and other relevant third parties, such as internet service providers, when such disclosure is necessary or advisable, in our sole discretion, to conduct an investigation, respond to a third party or law enforcement subpoena or court order, bring legal action, prevent harm to others or pursue other relief when you or a third party are or may be: violating our terms and conditions of use; causing injury or other harm to, or otherwise violating our property or other legal rights, or those of other users or third parties; or violating federal, state, local, or other applicable law. To the extent we are legally permitted to do so, we will take reasonable steps to notify you in the event that we are required to provide your personal information to third parties in connection with a subpoena.
Technologies such as cookies, beacons, tags and scripts are used by us and our partners as well as our analytics and other service providers. These technologies are used in many ways, including advertising, sales and marketing, analyzing trends, administering and improving the Sites, tracking users’ movements around the Sites (including point of entry), gathering demographic information about our user base, verifying login status, measuring the success of a particular marketing campaign, providing improved customer service, providing more relevant content, deterring or detecting fraud, and providing users with a customized experience. We also use these technologies as part of our product and service offerings, including to provide our clients and customers with information about their implementations. We collect information based on the use of these technologies on an individual as well as aggregated basis.
You have a choice about how we use your personal information to communicate with you, and you may opt out at any time by unsubscribing or changing your preferences.
You always have the opportunity to opt-out of our communications with you or change preferences by following a link in the footer of all non-transactional email messages sent by us or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Some communications, for example, important account notifications and billing information, are considered transactional and are necessary for all of our clients and customers. To cancel your Glenn D. Godfrey & Co. LLP accounts, please see “Access to Personal Information” below. You may still receive marketing communications from us even after you cancel your account unless you also opt-out of our marketing communications, as described above.
If an account or profile was created without your knowledge or authorization, please contact us at email@example.com to request removal of the account or profile.
We take steps to ensure that the personal information we collect is accurate and up to date, and that you have the ability to access it and make corrections to it.
Upon request, Glenn D. Godfrey & Co. LLP will provide you with information about whether we hold, or process on behalf of a third party, any of your personal information. To request this information please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you would like to suspend or cancel your account, request that we no longer use your account data or obtain further information about or access to your personal information, you can do so by contacting Glenn D. Godfrey & Co. LLP by email at email@example.com.
Third Party Links and Information Collection and Use by Our Customers
Some of our Sites may provide links to other websites. You may be asked to submit personal information to any of these sites. You may also be asked to provide certain personal information to our clients or customers in connection with their use of our services and products. Because we do not control the information policies or practices of these third party sites or our clients and customers, you should review their privacy policies to learn about how they collect and use personal information.
Our Sites and our services and products are not directed to persons under 18. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 18. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with personal information without such parent or guardian’s consent, he or she should contact us. If we become aware that a child under 18 has provided us with personal information, we will delete such information from our files.
For the purposes of current international Data Protection Laws including the European Union General Data Protection Regulation, with respect to your data, we are a data controller and with respect to your contacts’ information, we are a data processor.
We have designated our Data Protection Officer to oversee our compliance with applicable privacy laws. Questions and inquiries concerning your privacy may be directed by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or write us at:
Glenn D. Godfrey & Co. LLP
35 Barrack Road, Belize City, Belize
Rights of Access, Correction, Objection, Deletion and Restricting Use of Your Personal Data
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your Personal Data changes.
Data protection legislation gives you the right to object to the processing of your Personal Data in certain circumstances or withdraw your consent to the processing of your Personal Data where this has been provided. You also have the right to access information held about you and for this to be provided in an intelligible form. If you would like a copy of some or all of your Personal Data, please send an email email@example.com.
You can also ask us for the following:
- update or amend your Personal Data if you feel this is inaccurate;
- remove your Personal Data from our database entirely;
- send you copies of your Personal Data in a commonly used format; or
- restrict the use of your Personal Data so that it is only used for certain purposes, for example, you may require us only to hold your Personal Data for the purpose of providing services to you but not to use your Personal Data for marketing purposes.
We may request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and your right to access, and to provide you with the personal information that we hold about you or make your requested changes.
Please send any requests relating to the above to our Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org specifying your name and the action you would like us to undertake.
Right to Withdraw Consent
Where you have provided your consent to the collection, processing and transfer of your personal data, you have the legal right to withdraw your consent under certain circumstances. To withdraw your consent, if applicable, please contact us at email@example.com.
Notification of Changes
CCPA PRIVACY STATEMENT FOR CALIFORNIA
This PRIVACY STATEMENT is for CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS and applies to visitors, users, and others who reside in the State of California (“consumers” or “you”) when you visit our website or subscribe to receive any of our services (collectively, our “Services”). We adopt this notice to comply with the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”) and other California privacy laws. Any terms defined in the CCPA have the same meaning when used in this notice.
The CCPA provides consumers (California residents) with specific rights regarding their personal information. This section describes your CCPA rights and explains how to exercise those rights.
Access to Specific Information and Data Portability Rights
You have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your personal information over the past 12 months. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will disclose to you:
- The categories of personal information we collected about you.
- The categories of sources for the personal information we collected about you.
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling that personal information.
- The categories of third parties with whom we share that personal information.
- The specific pieces of personal information we collected about you (also called a data portability request).
- If we sold or disclosed your personal information for a business purpose, two separate lists disclosing:
- sales, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient purchased; and
- disclosures for a business purpose, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient obtained.
Deletion Request Rights
You have the right to request that we delete any of your personal information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your personal information from our records, unless an exception applies.
We may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service providers to:
- Complete the transaction for which we collected the personal information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform our contract with you.
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
- Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law.
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 seq.).
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the information’s deletion may likely render impossible or seriously impair the research’s achievement, if you previously provided informed consent.
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us.
- Comply with a legal obligation.
- Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights
To exercise the access, data portability, and deletion rights described above, please submit a verifiable consumer request to us by contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only you or a person registered with the California Secretary of State that you authorize to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your personal information. You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child.
You may only make a verifiable consumer request for access or data portability twice within a 12-month period. The verifiable consumer request must:
- Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information or an authorized representative.
- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you. Making a verifiable consumer request does not require you to create an account with us. We will only use personal information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make the request.
Response Timing and Format
We endeavor to respond to a verifiable consumer request within 45 days of its receipt. If we require more time (up to 90 days), we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing. If you have an account with us, we will deliver our written response to that account. If you do not have an account with us, we will deliver our written response by mail or electronically, at your option. Any disclosures we provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding the verifiable consumer request’s receipt. The response we provide will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable. For data portability requests, we will select a format to provide your personal information that is readily useable and should allow you to transmit the information from one entity to another entity without hindrance.
We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
Glenn D. Godfrey & Co. LL
35 Barrack Road, Belize City, Belize